Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally, the final blog post

The semester is finally coming to an end! Sadly, my last day in my field placement is this Friday. I will miss those little munchkins! Last Thursday, I was able to go on a field trip with my kids to the UGA rodeo! The kids had a blast and so did I! Recently, we recieved notification for where we will be student teaching next semester. I am so excited that I will be in a 2nd grade classroom at Fowler Drive Elementary. I have heard many wonderful things about this school and I am eager to interact with this age group!

One thing I remember about being in 2nd grade was my student teacher. He was amazing because he always had exciting activities for us to participate in. He was enthusiastic and kind. I was lucky enough to have him the next year in 3rd grade. I had many wonderful teachers in elementary school but Mr. Spinks was different than any other teacher. He created a kind and inviting classroom environment where everyone felt loved and accepted. I will never forget how he turned our classroom into a functioning "town" where everyone had a box surrounding their desk and an assigned job that allowed students to earn a set salary. For two weeks, our class learned economics, math skills, social studies, and more while participating in our town. This was by far the coolest thing I ever got to do in school. I hope that one day, I can create the kind of rich learning experience that my 3rd grade teacher did each and every day. 

I am so excited to begin my adventure as a student teacher. I hope to draw inspiration from the many wonderful teachers, like Mr. Spinks, that I have had throughout my school career. Look out second grade! Here I come!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful remembrance, Hannah. It is so great to have inspiring teachers to remember and look up to as we move forward as educators. It won't be long until you are the inspiration for learners and other teachers! I am excited for your future.

    Thanks for all you've shared here.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete